Thursday, October 24, 2013

Blog Post #10

What Can We Learn About Teaching and Learning From Randy Pausch?




      First of all, I have learned so much from Randy Pausch's hour long video. Yes, it may seem a bit lengthy, but its worth the wait. I have never met such a motivational speaker. Randy encourages people to follow their heart and never let go of their childhood dreams.I am twenty-two years old and I have never let go of my childhood dreams. When I was a little girl my dream was to become a teacher. I have always wanted to help make a difference for students. Randy's video really gives me the motivation that I needed to make sure I fulfill my childhood dream.

      In Randy Pausch's hour long video he starts off by joking about his fight with cancer. He explains the importance of how you should never give up. He is still here today and going strong! This hour long video was amazing and I am so glad that this video was shared with me.




      More importantly, Randy reviews several important aspects of the classroom that some teachers just don't realize. Randy describes brick walls being everywhere in a classroom. Well, whats a brick wall? Randy defines a brick wall as a wall that blocks a student from learning. As a teacher this brick may be a bit frustrating at times. However, your goal should be to break that brick wall! Dont give up on your students  Work with your students to give them the attention and proper resources that they need. I hope to be that teacher that pushes my students to never let go of their dreams and to never lose hope!

     Lastly, Randy discussed what you would do if you get in tricky situation  Sometimes you have to make due of the resources that you are given. Don't ever expect the perfect classroom or school. Its more important to be the teacher that makes the most of every situation for the students. Do more collaborative lessons! With this in mind you can make the classroom more inviting for the students  Randy Pausch's video taught me to never give up on your students or the school. Also, help the children fulfill their dreams and make learning more enjoyable.




No comments:

Post a Comment