Thursday, November 21, 2013

Project #2 Final Report on PLN

First, what is a PLN? A PLN, Personal Learning Network, is an informal learning network that involves people a learner can interact with and gain knowledge. A PLN allows you to make a connection with other people with similar intent that some type of learning will take place because of that connection. You can also use a PLN to call upon for help, consultation, and collaboration. At the very beginning of this semester we had to give a summary on our progress for developing our first PLN. I used Symbaloo to create my very own Personal Learning Network. A Symbaloo is one example of a PLN. It's a method you can use to have quick access to the resources, people, and tools that you use the most. When using a Symbaloo, you are able to create your own icons which will take you to where ever you set them up to go. It took me a while to learn how to use Symbaloo, but once I figured it out I LOVED it! I have began to use Symbaloo for all of my resources that I use all the time.

I have organized my icons by different resources that I use the most. The icons at the top of my Symbaloo are personal links. Including examples like Facebook, Pandora, and Google. Towards the bottom are my icons for my own blog, EDM 310 class blog, and blogger. I also have other useful icons for teaching that I found very helpful and resourceful. I have really enjoyed using this PLN and I look forward to exceeding my PLN even further. 


ENJOY!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment