Sunday, November 3, 2013

Blog Post #11

Mrs. Kathy Cassidy's First Grade Class

First Video: 
      In Mrs. Cassidy's video the first grade class show how they are able to use all sorts of technology in the classroom learning experience. Some of the technologies represented were blogs, Skype, class web page, video media and several others. The technology used in the classroom helps the students share their work, work collaboratively, and learn new material. Mrs. Cassidy is a perfect example of a teacher who is setting the bar high as an educator. I think it’s important and impressive to see teachers push the use of technology in the classroom. Mrs. Cassidy’s video inspires me to share the use of technology within my classroom and with other educators like myself especially since I am learning so much about the importance of technology now.

Second Video: 
      In this video Dr. Strange and Cassidy discuss how she got started with the involvement of technology within her teaching. Cassidy has come a long way since she first began teaching. When she started she only had five new computers. Cassidy had no idea what to do with these computers. Although, she knew there was information to be found within the internet. Cassidy was also granted money from the government to help support her. Since then she has been using the technology for about ten years. Cassidy has created and maintained a blog for an average of five years. Luckily, her school has a technology coordinator to help keep the support of technology in the classroom.

Third Video: 
      In this video Cassidy and Dr. Strange discussed how people need to start taking advantage of technology. The first step, believed by Cassidy, is to find something of interest to you. Why do something that you don’t love? Everyone has an interest, but you must find it first. Cassidy believes that people connect to things better when they can relate to them.

Fourth Video: 
      In this video Dr. Strange allows the students to ask Cassidy questions about her suggestions. The students asked Cassidy how she would go about a problem if it was to occur. She answered with how the curriculum can change and it does change according to the needs of the classroom.

Use of Technology in the Classroom

       I am a firm believer in using technology in the classroom. I can't even imagine where I would be at today without my computer. I think within time a lot of things will change. Technology is constantly changing and improving. It can only get better from here. Technology has taught me and helped me gain more knowledge than just a regular old school book. The internet is a very easy and unique source. Even just by creating and using blogger has taught me so much that I didn't know. I will definitely carry blogging over to my classroom when I began teaching. 


1 comment:

  1. Amanda, I really enjoyed reading your post. One thing I really loved about this post was the organization! I like how you broke down each of the videos and talked about all three of them. I have also learned so much from this class about how to incorporate technology in my future classroom. I will also carry blogging over to my classroom for my students no matter the grade level I teach. Great job!
    Keri Brown

    ReplyDelete